SUPER BOWL/PRO BOWL MEDIA DAY REGISTRATION
Experience Palm Beach County in the Fast Lane
Palm Beach International Raceway
Monday, February 1
The Palm Beach County Sports Commission is hosting the Super Bowl/Pro Bowl Media Day for Palm Beach County, courtesy of the Palm Beach International Raceway (PBIR).
Credentialed members of media to join well-known pro athletes and celebrities (provided by Fantasy Sports Entertainment) to participate in a day of racing excitement at PBIR, which includes media personnel:
· Riding alongside a professional driver in a 180-MPH dragster on the fastest quarter-mile track in the entire country
· Riding in, then personally driving high-performance, 160-MPH-plus racing vehicles (Lamborghini’s, Maserati’s and others) on the 2-mile-long course with 11 turns and long straight-aways
· Competing against media colleagues, pro athletes and celebs in 40-MPH racing karts on
the .8 mile-long master course
· Vying for competition awards for all of the racing challenges
Media will join pro athletes and celebs at VIP hospitality tent, and be treated to an appetizing lunch and cold beverages. PBIR staff and professional drivers available for Q&A sessions.
Excellent Visuals, Sounds and Interview Opportunities:
· Captivating, eye-catching video and still photography, and roaring audio
· Feature/interest stories on media personalities participating in the unique Media Day activities. (Video equipment can be attached to vehicles to capture the true experience of the ride)
· High-energy coverage of pro athletes and celebs speeding along the course… overcoming their fears of riding in the dragster… and competing against colleagues and media in the kart racing competition.
· Candid one-on-one interviews with pro athletes and celebs.
Time permitting, participating media will be provided a sneak-peak tour of the $30 million West Palm Beach waterfront revitalization project, and be treated to a cocktail reception at The Breakers – the historic and famed resort on Palm Beach Island.
MEDIA CREDENTIAL REQUEST
A very limited number of media credentials are available. To request media credentials and participate in Media Day activities, immediately reply to Joe Maltese at jmaltese@PalmBeachSports.com, 561-233-3178. Valid driver’s license required.
All of the following information must be provided to be considered for media credentials:
-Name of Media Organization
-Phone numbers (office and cell)
-Description of the type of story/coverage you’d like to secure from event
-List of any special equipment you’ll be bringing
Free transportation will provided from/to the Greater Fort Lauderdale-Broward County Convention Center. Bus departing at 11 a.m. (or immediately following the completion of planned news conferences at the convention center), and returning 4:30 p.m.
More detailed information to be provided upon approval of credentials.