Sports Development Manager
The Palm Beach County Sports Commission is a private, not-for-profit organization contracted by Palm Beach County to promote and market the County as a sports destination. The Commission recruits sporting events and activities through business development programs that enhance economic impact, stimulate bed tax revenues, and maximize utilization of facilities in Palm Beach County.
The Sports Development Manager works with the Sports Development and Marketing teams to promote Palm Beach County as a sports destination and attract a variety of state, regional, national, and international sporting events to Palm Beach County. The position takes an active role in implementing the business development plan.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop and prepare bid presentations and proposals for event-hosting opportunities
- Assist with the development of bid presentations
- Maintain and update the Sports Commission’s database of event rights holders and sports organizations that own event properties.
- Assist with the development of event layouts and execute event plans as needed
- Build collaborative partnerships with stakeholders that are required in order to attract and host sporting events in Palm Beach County (facilities, hotels, parks & recreation, event equipment & service providers, chambers, municipalities, etc.)
- Maintain an inventory of Palm Beach County sports facilities, both private and public
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with local, statewide, regional, and national sports groups to maximize future event-hosting opportunities
- Promote and educate events rights holders about Palm Beach County and its sports assets and venues
- Assist with familiarization tours, site visits, or site reviews with event owners
- Research event hosting opportunities by visiting industry websites for national and international sports organizations
- Act as a customer service agent to the portfolio of Palm Beach County supported sporting events
- Adhere to the policies and procedures as laid out in the employee manuals
- Complete other assigned duties as requested
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Proficient in critical thinking and creativity
- Ability to multi-task
- Organizational skills that will enable the management of multiple projects
- Knowledge of traditional and digital marketing tools
- Team oriented
- Business or Marketing degree preferred but not required