Marketing/Sports Development Intern
Reports to: Director of Marketing & Business Development & Director of Sports Development
To work within the Marketing & Sports Development departments in research, membership program management, creation and distribution of news releases, bid development, event marketing, marketing channel and list development, distribution of marketing materials and sponsor liaison. The intern will gain a broad understanding of tourism, event marketing and sports development as a whole, while working on various projects surrounding membership, public relations, event marketing and event bid development/recruitment.
- Researching new businesses and consumers to join our membership program
- Updating member information
Event Bid Development
- Develop/prepare bid proposals to be presented to event rights holders
- Researching/securing venue availability
- Develop event layouts and execution plans
- Assist in writing and proofing press releases
- Updating and organizing press release lists
- Search for news articles that relate to our organization and our mission
- Promote Sports Commission produced events by adding them to various community calendars
- Add all events, produced and sponsoring, PBCSC website and events calendar
- Distribution of event collateral –mailings, personal delivery, etc.
- Assist in executing of marketing plans of each event
- Plan and track our Extended Stay Program
- Research and help follow up with new and existing sponsors
Grants and Sponsorship
- Looking for new grants for us to apply for
- Keeping timeline of grants applied for and want to apply for
- Researching new sponsorship opportunities
- Junior or senior status, recent grad or graduate program status with major coursework toward a degree in Sports Management Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or Advertising required, plus excellent written and oral communications skills and strong computer skills.
- Internship requires minimum of 20 hours per week.
- Paid Internship.